McDowell back at Celtic Manor for Wales Open of wholesale go

Parce que le Snowkite et Landkite sont des disciplines à part entière, vous retrouvez ici toutes les news, infos, matos, événements...

Modérateurs : Aventout, lionel

nanshou
petit nouveau
petit nouveau

McDowell back at Celtic Manor for Wales Open of wholesale go

Messagepar nanshou » jeu. 2 juin 2011 04:56

McDowell back at Celtic Manor for Wales Open of wholesale golf clubs

U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell will return to the scene of his unforgettable Ryder Cup triumph when he defends his Wales Open title at Celtic Manor this week with Wholesale golf clubs. McDowell regained the Ryder Cup for Europe in dramatic fashion on the Twenty Ten course last October, securing the winning point in his singles match against United States player Hunter Mahan with a famous putt at the 16th. It was last year's win in the Wales Open and follow-up major breakthrough at Pebble Beach that got McDowell into the Europe team. The 31-year-old Northern Irishman is without a win in 2011 and is looking for Celtic Manor to again turn his season around. "Hopefully I can use this week as the same kind of catalyst as I did last year," McDowell said. "Win or don't win, hopefully I can try to kick on from here and have a great season. "This time last year, I had achieved nothing and then the next six or eight months was like something I had never imagined. This is really Wholesale golf clubs for me to tune back into the way I felt this time last year." McDowell, who carded rounds of 63 and 64 on the final two days to defeat local favorite Rhys Davies in last year's tournament, is the highest-ranked player competing this week, at No.5 in the world. Ryder Cup teammates Ross Fisher, Peter Hanson and Miguel Angel Jimenez will all be present while Thomas Bjorn and Darren Clarke — vice-captains of the victorious European team — are also playing and bidding to follow up recent wins in Qatar and Mallorca respectively. Colin Montgomerie, McDowell's captain in the Ryder Cup, will be another player teeing off on Thursday, buoyed by his joint seventh-place finish at the PGA Championship at Wentworth on Sunday. Montgomerie travels to Wales from Walton Heath, near London, where he failed on Monday to qualify for the U.S. Open, which takes place at Washington's Congressional course from June 16-19. Big-hitting American John Daly, making his first appearance in Wales, is also in the field for the Wholesale golf clubs which has prize money of 1.8 million pounds ($3 million).

Publicité
nanshou
petit nouveau
petit nouveau

Wholesale golf clubs for James White fuels Jackets at NCAA g

Messagepar nanshou » jeu. 2 juin 2011 05:05

Wholesale golf clubs for James White fuels Jackets at NCAA golf

James White shot a 5-under 67 on Tuesday to power Georgia Tech to a three-stroke lead after the first round of the NCAA men's golf championships. The No. 4-ranked Yellow Jackets shot a 5-under 283 at Karsten R11 Driver. Second-ranked UCLA was next, followed by No. 3 Alabama in third with an even-par 288. Oklahoma State, which has been ranked No. 1 all season and is playing on its home course, is eighth, nine strokes off the lead. Defending champion Augusta State sits in ninth. White birdied five of the first nine holes, including a 35-foot putt on the par-4 No. 5. He also made birdie putts on Nos. 14, 16 and 18. The junior leads Texas A&M's Cameron Peck by one, and Patrick Reed of Augusta State in Georgia and J.J. Spaun of San Diego State are two strokes back at 69. Georgia Tech coach Bruce Heppler almost pulled his team off the course with R11 Driver because of windy conditions during Monday's practice round. Following the strong first day, he was sure glad he left his players alone. "Oklahoma State quit after 9, and I thought about it," Heppler said. "I thought by playing yesterday, we played as hard as (the course) was ever going to play, and we played really well. I thought playing when it was really hard was a good thing because they knew could still hit good shots with Burner 2.0 Irons." Tuesday's first round was played with virtually no wind and in nearly perfect conditions, which led to 20 sub-par rounds on the par-72, 7,416-yard layout. "I hit a lot of fairways and that made it easier," said White, who won two tournaments during the 2010-11 season and tied for second at the NCAA East Regional two weeks ago. "It's a tough golf course. I mean, I was sweating over every shot. I just knew that I was one shot away from a double bogey at all times. "I just hope I didn't use up all my birdies today. We have a long ways to go for Burner 2.0 Irons." The top eight teams in the 30-team field advance to match play after 54 holes, beginning Friday. The team championship will be decided Sunday. The individual champion will be determined after Thursday's round.

nanshou
petit nouveau
petit nouveau

Georgia Tech leads NCAA golf championships with golf clubs f

Messagepar nanshou » jeu. 2 juin 2011 05:07

Georgia Tech leads NCAA golf championships with golf clubs for sale

James White shot a 5-under 67 on Tuesday to power Georgia Tech to a three-stroke lead after the first round of the NCAA men’s golf championships. The No. 4-ranked Yellow Jackets shot a 5-under 283 at Karsten Creek Golf Club. Second-ranked UCLA was next, followed by No. 3 Alabama in third with an even-par 288. Oklahoma State, which has been ranked No. 1 all season and is playing on its home course using some golf clubs for sale, is eighth, nine strokes off the lead. Defending champion Augusta State sits in ninth. White birdied five of the first nine holes, including a 35-foot putt on the par-4 No. 5. He also made birdie putts on Nos. 14, 16 and 18. The junior leads Texas A&M’s Cameron Peck by one, and Patrick Reed of Augusta State in Georgia and J.J. Spaun of San Diego State are two strokes back at 69. Georgia Tech coach Bruce Heppler almost pulled his team off the course because of windy conditions during Monday’s practice round. Following the strong first day, he was sure glad he left his players golf clubs for sale. “Oklahoma State quit after 9, and I thought about it,” Heppler said. “I thought by playing yesterday, we played as hard as (the course) was ever going to play, and we played really well. I thought playing when it was really hard was a good thing because they knew could still hit good shots.” Tuesday’s first round was played with virtually no wind and in nearly perfect conditions, which led to 20 sub-par rounds on the par-72, 7,416-yard layout. “I hit a lot of fairways and that made it easier,” said White, who won two tournaments during the 2010-11 season and tied for second at the NCAA East Regional two weeks ago. “It’s a tough golf clubs for sale. I mean, I was sweating over every shot. I just knew that I was one shot away from a double bogey at all times. “I just hope I didn’t use up all my birdies today. We have a long ways to go.” The top eight teams in the 30-team field advance to match play after 54 holes, beginning Friday. The team championship will be decided Sunday. The individual champion will be determined after Thursday’s round.

nanshou
petit nouveau
petit nouveau

NCAA Men: Georgia Tech opens 3-shot lead

Messagepar nanshou » jeu. 2 juin 2011 05:13

NCAA Men: Georgia Tech opens 3-shot lead

Entering this year’s NCAA Championship, Heppler passed on as much of that knowledge as he could to his Yellow Jackets team.
Obviously, they listened and learned well. Led by junior James White’s front-running 5-under 67, Georgia Tech fired a 5-under 283 beneath hot and sunny skies Tuesday to take the first-round lead. The Jackets are No. 2 in the Golfweek/Sagarin College Rankings. “They played well today,” Heppler said. “We got off to a good start, hung in there in the middle and then finished strong, with everyone making birdie at 18. We made our Burner 2.0 Irons, but that’s going to happen out here. “Sometimes the hardest round to play is the first one,” said Heppler, whose Yellow Jackets came into the tournament fresh off an Atlantic Coast Conference title and second place at the East Regional. “Once you can get that first one going and get in gear, it makes things much better. We handled that first round today, and that’s a positive for us. It was a great round on a great golf course.” No. 4-ranked UCLA was the only other team among the 30 in the field to break Burner 2.0 Irons, coming in at 2-under 286. No. 3 Alabama followed at even-par 288, one stroke better than Texas A&M, while Illinois, Georgia and Ohio State share fifth at 291. Top-ranked and host team Oklahoma State, the team favorite coming in, struggled a bit and stands at 4-over 292, while defending NCAA champion Augusta State is ninth at 294. For Oklahoma State, it was a bit of a strange round, as the Cowboys were paced by their Nos. 4 and 5 players – Sean Einhaus and Talor Gooch, both of whom shot 72. From their big three, Peter Uihlein came in at 73, Morgan Hoffmann at 75, and Kevin Tway, who was stung by a R11 driver for sale just before hitting his first tee shot, at 77. “It wasn’t, obviously, the round we wanted to play,” Oklahoma State coach Mike McGraw said. “But we’ve got 36 more holes, and they haven’t tightened that noose yet. They will that third day, I promise you.” No matter, McGraw still likes the idea of playing on his home course. “I would always rather play on my home course,” he said. “Playing here is a big advantage for us; there’s no question. We love being on this course, so if the guys will do a good job of doing what they did the last 10 days in preparing and kind of get back into that good feeling of trying to play good R11 driver for sale, they’ll be fine. There’s a lot of golf to be played.”

Retourner vers « Snowkite / Landkite »